Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed*
- 1 8-oz. package egg noodles
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except egg noodles; stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Raise slow cooker heat setting to HIGH and add noodles and cook until heated through.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: Partially frozen chicken is easier to cut.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, grape tomatoes and whole black olives; add some crusty bread with butter. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with 15 ounces each navy beans and kidney beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and noodles are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 331 Calories; 3g Fat; 40g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 102mg Cholesterol; 766mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!