Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds beef roast trimmed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 8 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place roast in a slow cooker and top with remaining ingredients; blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Pull roast apart and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomatoes and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 164 Calories; 5g Fat; 18g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 462mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!