Slow Cooker Beef and Veggie Stew
- 1 pound beef chuck roast trimmed
- 5 ounces navy beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 7.5 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped leek
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence or use Italian Seasoning
- Place roast in a slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Stir well, pull beef apart, and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered wide noodles. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and Herbes de Provence (or Italian seasoning) are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 209 Calories; 5g Fat; 22g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 439mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!