Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch thick cutlets
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions optional
- Place onion, baby bok choy and crushed red pepper flakes in a well-oiled slow cooker then arrange cutlets on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 8 ingredients (garlic through gingerroot); pour mixture over roast in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until cutlets are fork-tender. Stir in chopped cilantro and green onions (if using); serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and broth are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 281 Calories; 11g Fat; 30g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 1410mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!