Slow Cooked London Broil with fennel and Apple Salad
- 1 1 1/2 to 2-lb. London broil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 1 large apple cored and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic
- Place London broil in a large resealable bag. In a medium bowl, whisk the next 5 ingredients (olive oil through salt and pepper). Pour marinade over meat and seal bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large crock cooker, place the London broil and the beef broth. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until meat is very tender. Allow meat to cool, then slice.
- In a medium bowl, toss the beef with the arugula, apple and fennel.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 4 ingredients (lime juice through garlic) with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini and yellow squash. NUTRITION: 560 Calories; 42g Fat (68.3% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 119mg Cholesterol; 122mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!