Skillet Turkey Italian with Veggies and Rice
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice.
- Brown the ground turkey in a large skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bell pepper, onion and zucchini; cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until turkey is done and veggies are tender-crisp.
- Stir in tomatoes and Herbes de Provence; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked brown rice with shredded Mozzarella; blend well. Top with Parmesan and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette; add some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles. KOSHER: Use soy cheese and Parmesan-flavored rice sprinkles, or skip. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and Herbes de Provence are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 327 Calories; 8g Fat; 31g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 355mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!