Skillet Mediterranean Beef and Shells
- 1 1/2 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomatoes Roma
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 8 ounces pasta shells prepared according to package directions
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese optional
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta shells. In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, combine first 5 ingredients (ground beef through Greek seasoning); cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until beef is browned; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce then bring mixture to a soft boil. Stir in cooked pasta shells and spinach; cook until shells are heated through and spinach has wilted.
- Top with Feta cheese, if desired; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried zucchini and yellow squash on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. Skip the Feta cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce and Greek seasoning are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per serving: 455 Calories; 3g Fat; 17g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 31mg Cholesterol; 293mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!