Skillet Beef, Leeks and Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 medium onions sliced
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth divided
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- Brown the ground beef in a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; drain.
- Add garlic, onions, leeks and 1 cup of broth. Bring mixture to a light boil and cook until onions are soft (2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in corn, paprika, remaining broth and potatoes; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Stir in tomato paste to thicken sauce and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve braised cabbage on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles and use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and tomato paste are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 404 Calories; 3g Fat; 19g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 31mg Cholesterol; 176mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!