Shrimp and Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- To the onion mixture, add the next 5 ingredients (chicken broth through cauliflower) and stir. Cover soup and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Using a large soup spoon, spoon soup into bowls and top with avocado. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big tossed salad with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad). NUTRITION: 537 Calories; 37g Fat (59.7% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 589mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 7 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!