- 4 halibut fillets 6-oz.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ghee divided, or use coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Season halibut fillets evenly with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Melt half of the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add halibut and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining ghee (or coconut oil) to the skillet along with the mushrooms; sauté for 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add wine and vinegar then reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Serve over halibut fillets.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 502 Calories; 18g Fat; 41g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 89mg Cholesterol; 587mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!