Rosemary Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4 cloves garlic halved
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season drumsticks with pepper, salt and rosemary then place in a baking dish. Add garlic, lemon, onion and ghee.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove from oven and roll the drumsticks in melted ghee or coconut oil; return to the oven and bake for another 25 minutes or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 309 Calories; 21g Fat; 25g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 127mg Cholesterol; 578mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!