Roasted Tomatoes and Lamb
- 8 lamb chops
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons ghee divided, or use coconut oil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 15 cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sprinkle lamb chops evenly with the 6 spices (cumin through cardamom). Melt 1 tablespoon of ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over high heat; quickly sear lamb chops for about 30 seconds per side then transfer them to a large baking dish coated with remaining ghee (or coconut oil).
- Add broth to the skillet, whisking up all the browned bits, and pour over chops. Top chops with onion and cherry tomatoes then sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lamb chops have reached desired level of doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Rutabagas mashed with coconut cream, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste. Add steamed baby Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: per serving: 690 Calories; 58g Fat; 35g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 158mg Cholesterol; 716mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 9 Fat. Points: 19
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!