Roasted Italian Veggie Bake with Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 spaghetti squash seeds and pulp removed
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped eggplant
- 1/2 cup sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Roast spaghetti squash. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash on a lightly oiled baking sheet, cut side down; bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare marinara sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine next 6 ingredients (tomato sauce through black pepper), stirring well until heated through; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat; add sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, eggplant, mushrooms and onion; sauté until almost tender; add to marinara sauce and toss well to coat.
- When spaghetti squash is cooked and has cooled slightly, scrape the squash out of its shell with a fork in long, thin (spaghetti-like) strands and arrange on dinner plates; top with vegetables and marinara sauce then garnish with Mozzarella.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce and sun-dried tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 113 Calories; 4g Fat; 6g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 1147mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!