Roasted Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- olive oil
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped pineapple fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a shallow baking pan with olive oil. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper then place on prepared pan; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine pineapple, red onion, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, lime zest, cilantro and garlic; puree until smooth.
- Pour sauce over the top of the chicken; roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Let stand for 10 minutes then serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 228 Calories; 2g Fat; 40g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 732mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!