Pork Chops with Spicy Pineapple Relish
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 16 ounces crushed pineapple drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño seeded
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 4-oz. boneless pork chops
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook until soft.
- Add cumin, oregano, garlic, pineapple and jalapeno; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar, cilantro, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute then remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over pork chops to taste and add to the skillet; brown on each side then continue to cook till chops are done, 3 to 4 more minutes per side.
- Serve chops with spicy pineapple relish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 206 Calories; 7g Fat; 21g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 358mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!