Peppered Pull-apart Beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper deseeded, deribbed and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper deseeded, deribbed and chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper deseeded, deribbed and chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper deseeded, deribbed and chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coat a large slow cooker with coconut oil then add all remaining ingredients (roast through water); stir to blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender and easy to pull apart.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt, and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). Serve steamed kale on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 473 Calories; 34g Fat; 29g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 578mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!