Peach and Pecan Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth divided
- 1 cup cubed peaches fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, whisk together half of the olive oil with the vinegar and Dijon mustard; set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and brown for 1 minute per side; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium then add 1 cup of broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add oil/vinegar/mustard mixture; blend well.
- Return pork chops to the skillet along with peaches and onion.
- Reduce skillet heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes (adding more broth if needed) or until chops are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions, EXCEPT use 3/4 cup of vegetable broth to replace 3/4 cup of the required water (so you’re using a broth/water mixture for cooking the couscous).
- Serve pork over couscous and top with pecans.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and a big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar, broth and mustard are gluten-free. Use gluten-free couscous. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 385 Calories; 13g Fat; 38g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 280mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!