Orange Spiced Turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3/4 cup onion sliced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 orange thinly sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss turkey strips in allspice then add to the skillet; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce skillet heat to medium and add next 5 ingredients (onion through black pepper); cook until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, marmalade and vinegar; add to turkey/veggie mixture and stir until sauce has thickened.
- Top with sliced oranges and serve immediately.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed asparagus. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure marmalade, broth and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 228 Calories; 4g Fat; 29g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 317mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!