Orange Basil Snapper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- Olive oil
- 6 snapper fillets 6-oz.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 8 ingredients (salt through orange zest); set aside. Place snapper fillets in a lightly oiled 9- x 13-inch baking dish; top evenly with sliced onion and pour sauce over the top.
- Broil fillets for 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness) or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve over brown rice.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and steamed baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of snapper. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 311 Calories; 3g Fat; 38g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 435mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!