Onion and Chive Chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or use lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add red onion, celery and carrot; season with salt and pepper then cook until veggies are tender-crisp (5 to 7 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and cook for 15 to 30 seconds, being careful to not burn. Add broth, wine (or lemon juice), green onions and chives; cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 or 30 minutes, turning chicken once, or until cooked through.
- Serve chicken topped with vegetable/chive sauce and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed French-cut green beans tossed with a little butter and slivered almonds. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and wine (if using) are gluten free NUTRITION: per serving: 277 Calories; 7g Fat; 43g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 731mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!