Mushroom and Tarragon Pork Chops
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops 1- to 2-inches thick
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pork chops in a lightly oiled 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Top with onion, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper. Add mushrooms, lemon juice, lemon zest and broth.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until pork chops are fork-tender.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 215 Calories; 8g Fat; 32g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 441mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!