Moroccan Skillet Beef Wraps
- 1 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3/4 cup red onion sliced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 8 ounces garbanzo beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 12 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook jasmine rice according to package directions. In a medium bowl, toss together first 6 ingredients (steak strips through fennel seed); add to a large skillet and brown over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium, add salt, pepper, and broth whisking up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add onion, bell pepper and garbanzo beans; cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent (5 to 7 minutes). Stir in cooked rice and heat through.
- Wrap mixture in lettuce leaves, garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of baby carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumber spears and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties cut into strips. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and beans are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 261 Calories; 6g Fat; 20g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 331mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!