Mexican Shredded Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours, stirring periodically (about every hour) or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks and blend with slow cooker juices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: For “burritos”, fill large Romaine lettuce leaves with shredded chicken mixture; roll up and enjoy! For a taco salad, serve shredded chicken mixture over shredded Romaine lettuce and your choice of raw veggies (diced tomatoes, green onions, avocado, cucumber), topped with your choice of substitute for tortilla chips. NUTRITION: per serving: 235 Calories; 9g Fat; 31g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 967mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!