Mediterranean Veggie Linguine with Red Sauce
- 12 ounces Linguine pasta
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped eggplant
- 1/2 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine next 7 ingredients (tomato sauce through black pepper); heat through then set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat; add zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and onion; sauté until almost tender.
- Add cooked pasta then pour tomato/herb sauce over the top and toss well to coat.
- Serve when veggies are done and ingredients are heated through; top with Parmesan cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. Add some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce and canned artichoke hearts are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 320 Calories; 5g Fat; 13g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 1143mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!