Mediterranean Vegetable Bean Stew
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup artichoke hearts drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces navy beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 8 ounces garbanzo beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- Combine all ingredients, except mushrooms, in a slow cooker; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours or on HIGH for 1 hour. Stir in mushrooms then raise slow cooker heat setting to HIGH (if necessary) and cook for an additional 15 to 30 minutes or until mushrooms are done.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber, avocado and grape tomatoes, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Greek seasoning, artichoke hearts, beans and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 155 Calories; 1g Fat; 12g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 884mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!