Mediterranean Slow Cooker Stew with Pork
- 1 pound pork roast cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts in water drained
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place pork cubes in slow cooker and top with salt, pepper and 3 cloves of garlic; stir well to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend well. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
- Serve pork topped with juices.
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure artichoke hearts and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 282 Calories; 11g Fat; 25g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 523mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!