Mediterranean Slow Cooker Pork
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 14-oz. can` artichoke hearts drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces cannellini beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- In a slow cooker, layer onion, bell pepper, artichoke hearts and cannellini beans; place tenderloin on top.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (garlic through broth); blend well then pour over tenderloin.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Whole wheat couscous and steamed medley of baby carrots with broccoli and cauliflower florets. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork, use an extra 15 ounces of beans. KOSHER: Instead of pork, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure artichoke hearts, beans, and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 288 Calories; 4g Fat; 35g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 333mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!