Mediterranean Mixed Vegetable Quiche
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped
- 1/3 cup eggplant chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 3/4 cup spinach chopped
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons part-skim Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add next 7 ingredients (garlic through black pepper); cook for about 15 seconds then stir in artichoke hearts, broccoli, eggplant, and onion and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp.
- Stir in spinach just until wilted. Remove skillet from heat and cool veggie mixture for about 5 minutes then spread in prepared pie pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk pour mixture over veggies in the pie pan and top with cheese; bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until center is set.
- Cut into wedges, serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure artichoke hearts are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 110 Calories; 5g Fat; 8g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 162mg Cholesterol; 583mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!