Lemon Tarragon Chicken with Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add both kinds of onions and season with salt and pepper; cook until veggies are tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and mushrooms and cook for 15 to 30 seconds, being careful to not burn.
- Add broth, lemon juice and tarragon and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- Serve chicken topped with lemon tarragon sauce and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 271 Calories; 7g Fat; 43g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 715mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!