Lemon Herb Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
- olive oil
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 3/4 cup chopped black olives optional
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 2 lemons cut into wedges
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 4 ingredients (garlic powder through black pepper); shake to combine. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place chicken on an oiled broiler pan and broil 6 inches from heat source for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together spinach, tomato, red onion, cucumber, Herbes de Provence, olives (if using) and cheese; divide mixture equally on 4 chilled salad plates.
- Cut the broiled chicken into strips and arrange on top of salads; serve immediately with wedges of lemon.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: You really don’t need to add anything to this complete meal. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: Use your favorite soy cheese or skip. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Herbes de Provence and olives (if using) are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 279 Calories; 5g Fat; 47g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 378mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!