Lemon Basil Pork Chops
- 1 1/4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice according to package directions. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Season pork chops evenly with basil then add to the skillet and brown for about 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium; add half of the broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return pork chops to the skillet along with remaining broth, lemon zest, lemon juice and onion. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes (adding more broth if needed) or until chops are cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened.
- Serve over brown rice.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 343 Calories; 11g Fat; 34g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 108mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!