Kicked Up Pork Chops with Tomato and Jalapeno Relish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes drained
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño seeded
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 4-oz. boneless top loin pork chops
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until soft. Add bell pepper, cumin, oregano, and tomatoes; cook until bell pepper has softened.
- Stir in vinegar, jalapeno, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Evenly sprinkle pork chops with paprika and cayenne pepper then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and brown on both sides.
- Continue cook chops till done, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve chops with tomato and jalapeno relish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a big salad. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and crushed tomatoes are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 195 Calories; 7g Fat; 22g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 449mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!