Italian Turkey Strips with Roasted Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil divided
- 4 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes quartered
- 1 large red onion peeled and quartered
- 2 large zucchini halved and halved again
- 1 cup eggplant chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast cut into 1-inch strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine half of the olive oil, half of the oregano, half of the basil, and half of the garlic. Add the next 6 ingredients (salt through eggplant) then seal the bag and shake to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 9- x 13-inch lightly oiled baking dish (don’t discard bag!); roast veggies for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place remaining olive oil, herbs and garlic in the plastic bag, along with turkey breast strips; seal bag and shake to coat turkey strips; spread on top of roasted veggies.
- Return to the oven and roast for 15 minutes or until done.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some garlic toast. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 337 Calories; 9g Fat; 46g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 573mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!