Italian Turkey Breast with Tangy Marinara
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup cauliflower coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup leeks chopped
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast cubed
- 8 ounces low sodium diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (optional for thicker sauce)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (optional for tangier sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- In a large stock pot, heat the broth over medium-high heat.
- Add next 9 ingredients (cauliflower through turkey); cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste (if desired), vinegar (if desired), and Herbes de Provence.
- Bring mixture to a slow boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened and turkey is done, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Spaghetti Squash “Noodles” (cut squash in half lengthwise and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, cut sides down. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven until tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Scoop out seeds then, using a fork, scrape squash out of its shell in long, thin [spaghetti-like] strands). Add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Angel Hair pasta instead of Spaghetti Squash “Noodles”. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Herbes de Provence, tomato paste (if using) and balsamic vinegar (if using) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 191 Calories; 1g Fat; 32g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 800mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!