Italian Pork Tenderloin Cutlets
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch thick cutlets
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 8 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add cutlets and cook for 2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add next 8 ingredients (oregano through zucchini); cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a light boil and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until cutlets are cooked through. Stir in cottage cheese then top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover skillet and remove from heat; allow to sit for 5 minutes or until Mozzarella has melted. Serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado and cucumber, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some garlic toast. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat in place of pork and skip the cheeses. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and tomato sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 257 Calories; 9g Fat; 32g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 922mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!