Italian One-Dish Beef with Cauli-Rice
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped white button mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 8 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef until nearly done.
- Add next 9 ingredients (oregano through cauliflower) and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and bring mixture to a light boil; cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topping each serving with Mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some garlic toast. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher and skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and tomato sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 423 Calories; 8g Fat; 21g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 922mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!