Honey Ginger Salmon
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets 6-oz.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate salmon for at least 2 hours (see recipe).
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a small bowl, whisk together gingerroot, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper till well blended.
- Place salmon in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour ginger/honey mixture on top. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- At time of cooking, remove salmon from marinade (discarding marinade and bag). Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add salmon fillets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; add curry powder, salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 280 Calories; 9g Fat; 34g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 585mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!