Herbes de Provence Rubbed Chicken
- 1/4 cup ghee or use coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients EXCEPT chicken and lemon juice; rub mixture over the entire surface of the chicken then place it in a roasting pan and pour the lemon juice on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover loosely with foil wrap and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby carrots, braised kale, and Faux-Tay-toes (see Day 2 directions). NUTRITION: per serving: 851 Calories; 67g Fat; 58g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 279mg Cholesterol; 704mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 8 1/2 Fat. Points: 23
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!