Herb Poached Salmon
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets
- Parchment paper
- 2 branches fresh rosemary
- 2 branches fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place each salmon fillet on a square of parchment paper; cover each with an equal amount of herbs and top with 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice, wine, and melted ghee (or coconut oil) then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap fillets into pouches then seal tightly; place in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed asparagus NUTRITION: per serving: 338 Calories; 20g Fat; 34g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 123mg Cholesterol; 165mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!