Greek Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 12 leaves romaine lettuce
- diced avocado optional garnish
- alfalfa sprouts optional garnish
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook chicken. Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add next 7 ingredients (onion through bell pepper). Sauté until onion is tender and fragrant and bell pepper is tender-crisp.
- Add broth, lemon juice, salt and cooked chicken; blend well and heat through. Wrap mixture in lettuce leaves and top as desired.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and sliced tomatoes on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob and serve chicken mixture in pita bread halves if desired. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 182 Calories; 4g Fat; 29g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 349mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!