- 6 6-oz. skinless salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate salmon for 15 minutes (see recipe). Preheat oven broiler.
- Season fillets evenly with salt and pepper then place them in a lightly oiled 9- x 13-inch METAL baking pan (DO NOT USE GLASSWARE FOR BROILING!)
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, gingerroot, lime zest, lime juice and broth; pour over fillets and broil for about 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness) or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed new potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of salmon. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 204 Calories; 6g Fat; 35g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 449mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!