Garlic Orange Turkey with Kale
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups kale chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (orange zest through olive oil). Add turkey strips, stir to coat then set aside.
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat, combine broth, orange juice and onion; bring to a boil then add turkey; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
- Stir in kale until wilted then serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked sweet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 197 Calories; 5g Fat; 30g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 559mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!