Garlic Herb Slathered Prime Rib
- 1 beef prime rib roast 2-lb.
- 1/3 cup ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place roast in a roasting pan. Place remaining ingredients (ghee or coconut oil through garlic) in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth; rub mixture evenly over the prime rib roast.
- Cover roast loosely with foil and roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until internal temperature registers 135 degrees (for medium-rare) or 145 degrees (for medium).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt, and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). Add steamed broccoli spears. NUTRITION: per serving: 845 Calories; 75g Fat; 39g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 205mg Cholesterol; 1069mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 12 Fat. Points: 23
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!