Garlic Herb Pork Chops
- 1 1/4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice. Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Sprinkle pork chops with oregano, basil and paprika; add to the skillet and brown for about 3 minutes per side; remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium; add broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Return pork chops to the skillet and stir in onion. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until chops are cooked through, adding more broth if needed.
- Serve over brown rice.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Instead of pork chops, use boneless skinless chicken breast halves. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 346 Calories; 11g Fat; 34g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 108mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!