Garlic and Herb Black Bean Tex Mex Wraps
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 7.5 ounces black beans rinsed and drained or homemade
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- Optional toppings:
- avocado diced
- Pepper Jack Cheese grated
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice.
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, paprika and carrot; sauté until onion is tender and fragrant and carrot has softened a bit. Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, broth and black beans; blend well and heat through.
- Stir in rice then fill lettuce leaves with mixture and serve immediately with optional toppings.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, grape tomatoes, cucumber spears and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, beans and salsa (if using) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 113 Calories; 3g Fat; 5g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 314mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!