Fish with Mexican Slaw
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis drained
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 3 large avocados pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 halibut fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish, 6-oz.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients (tomatoes through lime juice) along with half of the salt and the olive oil for slaw; blend well and set aside.
- Season fish fillets evenly with remaining salt, pepper and onion powder. Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add fillets and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve topped with slaw and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 692 Calories; 49g Fat; 42g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 1067mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 9 Fat. Points: 19
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!