Fire-Roasted Tomato Lamb Chops
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes 14.5-oz.
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 lamb chops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a food processor, combine tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, sale, and pepper.
- Place lamb chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour tomato mixture on top. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove lamb chops from marinade and add to the skillet; cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Meanwhile, place marinade in a medium saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil and simmer until slightly reduced (4 to 5 minutes); serve over lamb chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and mashed rutabagas (made with a little coconut cream, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg). NUTRITION: per serving: 661 Calories; 56g Fat; 32g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 154mg Cholesterol; 588mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 8 1/2 Fat. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!