- 1 pound lean ground beef browned and crumbled
- 1 pound Italian sausage browned and crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Brown and crumble ground beef and sausage. If necessary, remove casings from sausage before browning with ground beef. Transfer browned meat to a large slow cooker and add remaining ingredients; stir well to blend flavors.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours. Remove bay leaves and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of torn red leaf lettuce, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 842 Calories; 60g Fat; 40g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 171mg Cholesterol; 1440mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 8 1/2 Fat. Points: 22
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!