Easy Peasy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 pound beef blade roast trimmed and cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup low sodium beef broth
- Place beef cubes in a slow cooker and top with salt, pepper and half of the garlic; toss to coat well.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Serve beef topped with juices.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce and beef broth are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 148 Calories; 5g Fat; 17g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 644mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!