Easy Asian Shrimp
- 1/2 cup white wine or use low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño seeded
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 6 bamboo skewers
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinade shrimp for 30 minutes. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning. Prepare rice.
- In a small bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (wine through garlic); pour off 1/4 cup of marinade, cover tightly, refrigerate.
- Place shrimp in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour remaining marinade on top then seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM. Remove shrimp from marinade, transferring marinade to small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Thread shrimp on prepared skewers and grill, brushing with the cooked marinade for about 1 1/2 minutes per side or until shrimp are nicely pink and opaque.
- Serve over brown rice with reserved sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried baby bok choy on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use veggie patties and the same marinade, but you will need to marinate for only 5 minutes (or the patties will fall apart) and DO NOT GRILL; cook in a skillet on the stove top. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp and grill until juices run clear, about 4 to 7 minutes per side. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth), soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 215 Calories; 2g Fat; 25g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 371mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!